Welcome to my Blog.



JILL ROSELL PHOTOGRAPHY



From the moment I received my first SLR camera some twenty years ago - a 21st birthday present - it was love at first touch. To me it was, and is, an instrument of creation and inspiration, and it transformed the way in which I viewed the world. Born and raised in the midst of the natural beauty of New Zealand, I have since had the good fortune to travel extensively and to experience the wonder and beauty of varied countries and cultures.
Along the way I've discovered that a photograph is much more than a moment, an image, or an emotion. Not only can it serve to capture the true essence of a person or place, it can embody their heart and soul. When this is accomplished the photograph takes on a life of its own and triggers a deep emotional response in the viewer. As a professional photographer and an artist, it is this goal that I seek to accomplish. Each time I raise my lens I strive to capture the heart and soul of my subject.
I'm blessed to call Bend in Central Oregon my home, an area with an abundance of natural beauty and a plethora of wonderful activities. Every day I wake up grateful for where I live, what I have, and who I am. My passion for photography could not have evolved without my husband and two young children. Over the years they have offered me endless enriched moments to capture, moments that perfectly illustrate that a photograph can be so much more than just an image.
My passion in life is to search out these "soul moments" through the lens of my camera. I invite you to join me on this ever evolving and exciting journey, one that will undoubtedly provide intimate and remarkable memories captured forever for your lasting enjoyment.



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Monica - through my lens.

Every town has their familiar faces. In the 10 years I have lived in Bend Oregon there has been one person who always catches my eye on the streets of Bend.
Frank was his name and has many stories to share - who knows what is true or not. He is known for his beaten up convertible, his dogs and cat, his performing on the streets with his guitar and his willingness to chat with you.
Some would say why did you photograph him, how could you....

Well it so happened I recently walked out of a coffee shop and there was Frank - well actually no longer Frank dressed in baggy mens discolored clothes but now Monica dressed in a bright seductive outfit. Of course I had to ask him what happened.. He gave me his story which I shall not dive into.
While chatting with him I started to imagine what I could capture with my camera. It wasn't until last week that I did actually capture Monica early on a sunny morning outside the same coffee shop. It was not the easiest photo shoot but you do get a good sense of his soul.
Monica is certainly turning heads in Bend Oregon and she truly is one of a kind.
Fortunately Bend is a pretty safe town for such a character to be on the streets.
I look at her/he as being a lost soul in many ways, I could truly feel this through my lens.
One might say he is looking for attention.  I am sure he is doing just that but the question is why is he?
What I love about photography is through my camera I get to see different individuals who are having their own experience here on this earth. Everyones experience is unique and perfect for that person. I choose not to judge others because they are different or do things differently.
Capturing Monica through my lens reminded me the importance of that.

Jill



















6 comments:

  1. Great photos Jill. You captured her perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I thought I saw him/her putting on some makeup in the car when we drove by the other day! Nice job on the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Jill! You finally found Monica! AMAZING pictures. Love the shot of the short skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose. (Janis Joplin)

    Let freedom ring.

    Stunning capture Jill!

    ReplyDelete