Welcome to my Blog.



JILL ROSELL PHOTOGRAPHY



From the moment I received my first SLR camera some twenty years ago - a 21st birthday present - it was love at first touch. To me it was, and is, an instrument of creation and inspiration, and it transformed the way in which I viewed the world. Born and raised in the midst of the natural beauty of New Zealand, I have since had the good fortune to travel extensively and to experience the wonder and beauty of varied countries and cultures.
Along the way I've discovered that a photograph is much more than a moment, an image, or an emotion. Not only can it serve to capture the true essence of a person or place, it can embody their heart and soul. When this is accomplished the photograph takes on a life of its own and triggers a deep emotional response in the viewer. As a professional photographer and an artist, it is this goal that I seek to accomplish. Each time I raise my lens I strive to capture the heart and soul of my subject.
I'm blessed to call Bend in Central Oregon my home, an area with an abundance of natural beauty and a plethora of wonderful activities. Every day I wake up grateful for where I live, what I have, and who I am. My passion for photography could not have evolved without my husband and two young children. Over the years they have offered me endless enriched moments to capture, moments that perfectly illustrate that a photograph can be so much more than just an image.
My passion in life is to search out these "soul moments" through the lens of my camera. I invite you to join me on this ever evolving and exciting journey, one that will undoubtedly provide intimate and remarkable memories captured forever for your lasting enjoyment.



Monday, October 4, 2010

An evening photo session with the Jenson Family in the Old Mill, Bend, Oregon.

Last week I met up with the lovely Jenson family for a photo session.
A favorite location of mine is on the banks of the Deschutes River in the Old Mill. Often you will see the old mill chimney stacks in the background of my photos. The stacks are just some of the old mill's remains which once fueled the little logging town, Bend Oregon.
During the photo sessions we got busy, from throwing stones to hitting golf balls. The cute brothers Alex and William were stars and I know afterwards ended up going for ice cream with their Mom and Dad!

Thanks Jenson family for being such a happy family.















No comments:

Post a Comment