Welcome to my Blog.



JILL ROSELL PHOTOGRAPHY



From the moment I received my first SLR camera some twenty years ago - a 21st birthday present - it was love at first touch. To me it was, and is, an instrument of creation and inspiration, and it transformed the way in which I viewed the world. Born and raised in the midst of the natural beauty of New Zealand, I have since had the good fortune to travel extensively and to experience the wonder and beauty of varied countries and cultures.
Along the way I've discovered that a photograph is much more than a moment, an image, or an emotion. Not only can it serve to capture the true essence of a person or place, it can embody their heart and soul. When this is accomplished the photograph takes on a life of its own and triggers a deep emotional response in the viewer. As a professional photographer and an artist, it is this goal that I seek to accomplish. Each time I raise my lens I strive to capture the heart and soul of my subject.
I'm blessed to call Bend in Central Oregon my home, an area with an abundance of natural beauty and a plethora of wonderful activities. Every day I wake up grateful for where I live, what I have, and who I am. My passion for photography could not have evolved without my husband and two young children. Over the years they have offered me endless enriched moments to capture, moments that perfectly illustrate that a photograph can be so much more than just an image.
My passion in life is to search out these "soul moments" through the lens of my camera. I invite you to join me on this ever evolving and exciting journey, one that will undoubtedly provide intimate and remarkable memories captured forever for your lasting enjoyment.



Friday, December 31, 2010

CAPTURING JACK JOHNSON - TO THE SEA.

As I look through photos on this last day of 2010 I can't believe I never got around to blogging about one of my highlights of 2010.
This past October, my husband and I and some great friends packed our vans and drove north to the the very unique Gorge Amphitheater in Washington State. It was my first GORGE experience. The three days away were filled with great weather, great music, great food and beverages. 
It was a beautiful and hot October evening when Jack Johnson made his appearance on the stage overlying the Gorge. The sunset and the surroundings we surreal. 
My camera had no problem taking a liking to Jack Johnson! This was my first concert I have captured and one of the most exciting times behind my camera.  I am looking forward to capturing other performers in the future. 

Happy New Year....

Jill
bridge connecting OR and WA

Windmills USA style...


Sam Hill's Stonehenge in Maryhill, WA

Maryhill Vineyard.



found our camp spot - avoided the potties but later got the neighbors with the stereo speakers almost as big as our van!


friendly crowds

Travel Magazine's top 100 places to see in the world!

Jacks pre performance!


so happy  - perfect light and perfect subject!


J Love







Spectacular setting....


looking for a dinosaur












1 comment:

  1. May this old lady just whisper ... OMG, OMG:)
    Your photos are amazing ... he is amazing. Happy New Year to the Rosell family.

    ReplyDelete