Welcome to my Blog.



JILL ROSELL PHOTOGRAPHY



From the moment I received my first SLR camera some twenty years ago - a 21st birthday present - it was love at first touch. To me it was, and is, an instrument of creation and inspiration, and it transformed the way in which I viewed the world. Born and raised in the midst of the natural beauty of New Zealand, I have since had the good fortune to travel extensively and to experience the wonder and beauty of varied countries and cultures.
Along the way I've discovered that a photograph is much more than a moment, an image, or an emotion. Not only can it serve to capture the true essence of a person or place, it can embody their heart and soul. When this is accomplished the photograph takes on a life of its own and triggers a deep emotional response in the viewer. As a professional photographer and an artist, it is this goal that I seek to accomplish. Each time I raise my lens I strive to capture the heart and soul of my subject.
I'm blessed to call Bend in Central Oregon my home, an area with an abundance of natural beauty and a plethora of wonderful activities. Every day I wake up grateful for where I live, what I have, and who I am. My passion for photography could not have evolved without my husband and two young children. Over the years they have offered me endless enriched moments to capture, moments that perfectly illustrate that a photograph can be so much more than just an image.
My passion in life is to search out these "soul moments" through the lens of my camera. I invite you to join me on this ever evolving and exciting journey, one that will undoubtedly provide intimate and remarkable memories captured forever for your lasting enjoyment.



Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Capturing the passion of the Mel Brown Quartet at the Oxford Hotel, Bend Oregon

Last Friday evening at the Oxford Hotel I had the pleasure of capturing an extremely talented Jazz band called the MEL BROWN QUARTET from Portland Oregon.
Mel Brown, Toni Pacini, Dan Balmer and Ed Bennett lit up the room as they intertwined their musical talents.
It was a full house at the Oxford and everyone went home on a higher note.

Photographing a jazz band was a new experience for me and I can certainly say a very rewarding one.  Even though I was limited with lighting and space I continuously kept seeing endless moments to capture. One unexplained and strange image I keep seeing was everyones feet. It even got to the point where I asked Toni Pacini if he would take off his shoes and socks after the show. It was the first time anyone asked him that. I guess it could have been worse!

During the entire performance I could feel this wonderful energy coming from each musician as they tapped into their passion and soul. There was a connection between their passion and mine when I would look through my lens. While editing the images I had this feeling also. It is hard to explain and something I only experience with my camera.

I hope you too can feel the passion and talent of the Mel Brown Quartet in the images below.

Jill

Toni Pacini


Dan Balmer





A happy Mel Brown


Toni Pacini 














Ed Bennett



the bare feet shot !

No comments:

Post a Comment